Hoffighter

Debranding X10 und /oder Firmwareupdate auf 1.0.16

Frage

Hab ich hier gefunden und funktioniert.....

Habe allerdings diesesFile genommen.

Anschliessend ist kein Branding und Radio 1.0.16 drauf

Gruß

3 Antworten auf diese Frage

Danke, guter tipp.

Tutorial on debranding your Xperia X10

1) Download this file from RapidShare (130MB). The zip contains two files (a +110MB one and 16MB one).

2) Delete contents of db folder (C: –> Program Files –> Sony Ericsson –> Update Service –> db).

3) Run the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) to update your Xperia X10

4) Go to C: –> Program Files –> Sony Ericsson –> Update Service –> db –> 13740270 –> blob_fs.

5) Sort files by date in descending order (latest date at top). The two files at the top will be +100MB and one around 15MB.

6) Backup these two original files into a different directory. This is an optional step but means you can revert back to the branded firmware if needed.

7) Now find the two files that you downloaded in Step 1. Rename the largest file with the same name as the top one in blob_fs. Do the same with the second. Move these downloaded files into the blob_fs folder, overwriting the original files.

8 ) Run the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) again.

9) Voila! Your Xperia X10 is unbranded. 8)

Many thanks to AndyD777, xperia_man and Lollylost100 over at esato for getting this working!

bei X10' ohne branding muss man wohl zuerst die reparatur-installation laufen lassen um im C: –> Program Files –> Sony Ericsson –> Update Service –> db –> 13740270 –> blob_fs folder die firmware zu finden.

wenn man bereits mehrere S/E telefone upgedatet hat, dann liegen dort mehrere FW's. dann sollte man die beiden aktuellsten suchen, die "etwa" +100MB und 15MB haben.

Sony/Ericsson macht beim upgrade wie üblich einen factory reset. dh alle daten und programme vorher SICHERN !

bearbeitet von Boo6

offenbar gibt es eine aussage eines S/E mitarbeiters, dass das R1FA016 update wieder zurückgezogen wurde.

nachdem die technischen verbesserungen wohl sehr gering waren ist es wohl auch weniger schlimm.

intially R1FA016 firmware update was available in india, it has been rolled back for some technical reasons ..

.. i did update to R1FA016 from R1FA014 on 7th april and after getting a replacement X10 on 12th april i'm unable update to R1FA016

i contacted SE india, they clarified it.

the dropping of the phones wifi connection was introduced with the r1fa016 firmware update

as is customary with new sony ericsson devices, several irritating bugs can be expected until updates start to be rolled out and the xperia x10 is no exception. The bug i'm pertaining to at the moment is the dropping of the phones wifi connection for seemingly no reason, even while in use, only for it to then reconnect and operate normally after 10-20 seconds or so.

Some of you may have experienced this strange loss of wifi connectivity, other will not. It's currently unclear whether this bug was introduced with the r1fa016 firmware update or if the r1fa014 version is also affected but i have managed to track down the apparent cause of the problem.

Since updating to r1fa016 i had been noticing frequent wifi disconnections even while actively browsing. Being in an area of poor gsm coverage at home this was particularly irritating with little or no network connection to fall back on for continued browsing. Shortly though it became apparent that this poor coverage is not only a separate irritation but is in fact directly causing the problems with the wifi on the x10!

As you can see in the video below the wifi is happily connected until the phone loses network coverage. At this point you would usually expect your wifi to carry on regardless but the x10 mysteriously decides to turn off it's wifi before reactivating it and reconnecting to the network automatically:

If this wasn't bad enough however, the same thing happens when the phone reconnects to the gsm network:

As you can imagine, in an area where the signal comes and goes quite frequently, this makes the wifi about as reliable a connection as a water soluble rope in a rain storm! My concern at this point is how long it will take sony ericsson to acknowledge this issue and issue a fix, especially as it will not be experienced by users who don't suffer from dropped network coverage.