Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Buddler

[KERNEL][CM7] i9100 CM7.1

Buddler

[KERNEL][CM7] i9100 CM7.1 + LED Notifications kernel

(codename: 'SPARKZ_2') [beta 3]

Originalthread XDA

This is a beta release my i9100 CM7.1 + LED Notifications Kernel, codename ‘SPARKZ_2’, in a cwm flashable .zip format.

This kernel is based off of TeamHacksung's latest code from the CyanogenMod github. (changelog in 2nd post)

It uses the built-in CM7 LED Notifications and Quiet Hours functionality for the button light notifications. You no longer need the BLN app! I have also added a time-out to turn the button lights off 4 seconds after unlocking the phone.

NEW: the lights will now turn on again (if off) and the timer restart when you press a touchkey.

That is ALL it does, I have not, and never plan to, do any additional tweaks. Please don't ask me to!

How to install:

Make sure you have CyanogenMod 7.1 installed (stable or nightly)! This will NOT work on a stock Samsung ROM. For MIUI, see notes below.

Copy the CM7i9100-SPARKZ_2-LED-DDMM_hhmm.zip file to your phone (read further for download link)

Boot into recovery

Do a NANDROID backup!

Once backup is complete, install the .zip file via cwm (you should know how to do this)

Reboot - First boot will take a few minutes because the install clears cache and dalvik cache to make sure the new liblights file ‘takes’.

To configure, go to Settings, Cyanogenmod Settings, Interface, LED Notifications

Blink rate and custom colours are not supported on the SGS2. Obviously we have only one colour and, since blinking drains even more battery, it is not enabled. I may update CMParts to remove those options.

That being said, I suggest picking white as the notification colour.

The button lights will turn off 4 seconds after the phone is unlocked and won't turn on again until the next time the phone is unlocked. This is by design.

To use Quiet Hours, go to Settings, Cyanogenmod Settings, Sound, Quiet Hours

Important notes !!!

In rare cases the buttons may become unresponsive. A reboot will fix it. (hopefully fixed in Beta 3)

Testing a app's notification in CMParts makes the buttons unresponsive. Lock/Unlock will fix it. (investigating)

This kernel will work with MIUI's built in notifications as well but it is IMPORTANT to edit the .zip file and remove CMParts.apk from /system/app before flashing the file.

I will do my best to keep this kernel updated with future TeamHacksung's kernel code releases.

Kernel code does not change with every nightly so don't expect this kernel to change either.

Like all the LED notification implementations for the SGS2, this uses a wakelock when a notification is on. This will drain the battery faster as the phone cannot go to deep sleep. Battery drain is minor though.

Changelog

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_LED-2210_1119.zip (Beta 3)

Released: October 22

Synced up to: Nightly #90

Compatible: Stable, Nightly 80+

Includes:

- Same as Beta 2

- Fixes (i hope) the rare unresponsive button when unlocking after notification issue

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_LED-2210_0909.zip (Beta 2 refresh)

Includes:

- Button lights turn on (if off) and time-out restarts when pressed

- Change I591dded6: Fix : Lockscreen hide slider toggle (beta 2 refresh)

- Change I2dd99c7c: Rework multiple value power widgets (2/2) (beta 2 refresh)

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_LED-2010_1957.zip (Beta 1)

Released: October 21

Synced up to: Nightly #89

Download

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_LED-2210_1119.zip (Beta 3)

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Buddler

Update Beta 4

Changelog

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_LED-2210_1119.zip (Beta 4)

Option 1: Load (LED's time out while unlocked)

Option 2: Load (LED's stay on after unlocked)

Includes:

- Another attempt at fixing the rare unresponsive button when unlocking after notification issue

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Buddler

Update

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_2-LED-2510_1808.zip

Released: October 25

Synced up to: Nightly #94

Option 1: LOAD (LED's time out while unlocked)

Option 2: LOAD (LED's stay on after unlocked)

Includes:

- New CMParts to support based on Nightly #94 code

- Kernel updates per AtinM's Update 3 commit:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Buddler

Update

Changelog

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_2-LED-2910_0637.zip

Released: October 29

Synced up to: Nightly #97

Option 1: LOAD (LED's time out while unlocked)

Option 2: LOAD (LED's stay on after unlocked)

Includes:

- New CMParts based on Nightly #97 code

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Buddler

Update

Changelog

Nightly #106+

The LED Notification code has now been integrated into the base CM7 code for the SGS2. It is no longer necessary to install this kernel.

Thank you all that used my kernel and helped me polish the code.

For those of you running an earlier version of the nightly, the old download link is below:

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_2-LED2-0211_2007.zip

Released: November 2

Synced up to: Nightly #101

Link: LOAD

Includes:

- Updated CMParts to disable the Blink, LED Colour and Test options as none of these are supported on the SGS2

- Changed the default backlight time-out to '5 seconds' and removed '3 seconds' option

- Added 'Always Off' as an option for the backlight time-out

- Merged latest CMParts and Settings app code changes

- Cleaned up Device Settings menu items

CM7i9100-SPARKZ_2-LED2-3110_2121.zip

Released: November 1

Synced up to: Nightly #101

Includes:

- Codeworkx's USB Charging update

- Configurable Notifications and backlight timeouts through new settings menu

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag