weissnixifx

medion p9514 TOT.. wird nach APX Treiber verlangt

dj4n90

I'm getting this message on boot

I lost recovery & Android aka bricked :)

As far as I found out on this forum LTrecHC is the solution.

The zip I Found is on

https://mega.co.nz/#!tFQSHSZD!MNe2sGBVM-YGqogXT7kkrmcU5H1jyNFMUVSrXlYK9-Y

script : LTrecHC.sh

#!/bin/bash

pfad="$(pwd)"

cd "./image"

echo "### Start HC recover@`date`... ###"

sleep 2 

sudo "$pfad/hc/nvflash" --bct flash.bct --setbct --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300C0011 --configfile flash.cfg --create --go

cd "$(pwd)"

echo ""

echo "### Jetzt ist HC wieder da@`date` ###"[/I]

files in the ZIP

.:

total 12

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Jan  5 23:56 hc

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Jan  5 23:56 image

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  271 Jan  6 00:07 LTrecHC.sh

./hc:

total 1676

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1173157 Jan  5 23:56 bootloader.bin

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    4080 Jan  5 23:56 flash.bct

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    2617 Jan  5 23:56 flash.cfg

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    4080 Jan  5 23:56 flash_hynix.bct

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    4080 Jan  5 23:56 flash-org.bct

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  522615 Jan  5 23:56 nvflash

./image:

total 419496

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   3115008 Jan  5 23:56 boot.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   1173157 Jan  5 23:56 bootloader.bin

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      4080 Jan  5 23:56 flash.bct

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      2617 Jan  5 23:56 flash.cfg

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      4080 Jan  5 23:56 flash_hynix.bct

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      2634 Jan  5 23:56 flash_mfg.cfg

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      4080 Jan  5 23:56 flash-org.bct

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   3467264 Jan  5 23:56 recovery.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 421778484 Jan  5 23:57 system.img

bearbeitet von dj4n90

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

Hi dj4n90, sorry, I needed some time.

1. Your zip-file seems to be ok. You need to unzip it in Linux.

2. You need 32-bit Linux-Live CD, no virtual-machine.

3. Connect your power-adapter!

4. Verify if your tab is switched off or in apx-mode!

To verify this connect your tab per usb with a linux-live-setup pc, open a terminal in linux and enter

lsusb

if it gives back "0408:b009 Quanta Computer Inc." amongst other lines about your pc´s hardware it is not in apx-mode; if it gives back "0955:7820 NVidia Corp" you are in apx-mode; if gives none of these, it is switched off, or no proper usb-connection is established!. How to switch the tab off: Press Power for longer as three seconds, or press shortly the reset-button with a toothpick or something like that, and immediately press power-button shortly. For control use the terminal-command "lsusb". How to start in apx-mode: Press and hold vol. down until in the top left corner "booting" appears, then press quickly Vol. - + + - until you reach count4, then the screen says in top left corner, very shortly to be seen, "formatting..." and the screen goes black and stays empty. After this it should not boot any further, nothing to be seen on the screen anymore! Control via usb in linux-terminal, command "lsusb", now it should give back the expected line: "0955:7820 NVidia Corp". If not, or it says "0408:b009 Quanta Computer Inc.", you have to redo everything, eg switching off and starting again into apx-mode as described above, until you get the lsusb -answer in return: "0955:7820 NVidia Corp". Now we can continue flashing. To do this: 5. Copy the LTrecHC .zip with file-manager to your linux-desktop-folder and unzip in file-manager. Maybe your földer is named "home", depending on the linux-edition you use! After unzipping you find a new folder LTrecHC, use a teminal (bash?) opened in desktop and navigate to the folder LTrecHC. For example:

linux@linux:~/Desktop$ cd LTrecHC

Then you should be in the folder "LTrecHC"

linux@linux:~/Desktop/LTrecHC$

Here you start flashing with the command:

sudo ./LTrecHC.sh

Here is the link to axelth´s tut:

-> https://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/lifetab-startet-nicht-mehr-nur-noch-enter-ota-recovery.261787/page-2#post-3547485

Success! daddle

bearbeitet von daddle
Link

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dj4n90

The process I understand, not the first time i have to get out of APX mode ;)

Have x86 debian server and x64 mint pc running know my way around in tux.

On my Debian 7 "0408:b009 Quanta Computer Inc." is NOT shown, it only shows the USB hubs. It does show the "0955:7820 NVidia Corp" when you are in apx-mode, this might confuse people who get the same. It's tricky but when you don't see the "0408:b009 Quanta Computer Inc." doesn't mean the tablet is not recognized by you distro.

I'll try again tonight 1:30 is not the most productive time if everything fails from 18:30.

At least I know the script should be oké .. trail and error goes on tonight thanks in advance.

If it works i'll upload the file together with drivers OTA's and the rooted ICS ROM to a secure hosting for future use.

bearbeitet von dj4n90

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dj4n90

HiHaaaa, it worked \o/

had to be changed to
-rw[COLOR="Red"]x[/COLOR]-r--r-- 1 root root  522615 Jan  5 23:56 nvflash

Sounds logic when you are awake :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

Ok, didn´t know about you being a linux expert. It was "just in case". :cool:

But it might help others in the future to avoid those little faults (Fallstricke).

Second, The message "Enter ota recovery..." appears after you start into recovery with pressed "Vol.Up plus Power-Button", then you have to press quickly 4 times Vol.Buttons in this sequence: Vol. - Vol. + Vol.+ Vol. - until count 4, then appears the recovery menu. If not, you were not fast enough with the buttons or mixed up the sequence! :icon_bigg

But if you did this the right way, and still no recovery-menü, or no counts 1-4 are shown, then look at the link at the bottom!

Third, I can´t quite believe that you lost your recovery, thats funny. But who knows what a linux-expert has done before trying to realive his tablet? :icon_wink

Forth, a lot of people here had big problems how to switch off the tablet and to know in which mode their tablet is and misunderstood the dark screen.

Fifth, with linux 64-bit the script doesn´t function, as far as I know there has to be added some libraries first to get it working.

Sixth, it should show "0408:b009 Quanta Computer Inc." once its booted in system, or usb-debugging is off, or usb connection is broken!

Seventh, why then didn´t it work before, your LTrecHC.zip is allright? :icon_surp

Something wrong with your "path", did you unzip it in Windows before and copied the unzipped folders into linux?

I would try a 32-bit linux live cd or live usb-stick (Stick is faster :icon_wink) to avoid problems with udev-rules and/or missing libraries!

Addendum: Here is a link to restore your recovery and kernel:

https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/231010-medion_lifetab_p9514_root_rooten-31.html#post2099086

I think following SattNEK´s post 309 plus post 313 will solve your problem! Caution: The "recovery-zip" from the link is for ICS only! daddle

bearbeitet von daddle
Ergänzung

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

Sorry, I edited my above post but didn´t sent it off in time because I was interrupted by visitors! :sorry:

HiHaaaa, it worked \o/

had to be changed to

Congratulations, now you can root with SattNEK´s Root-Tool-zips! But first you have to manually update to ICS if you want, because the automatic ota-update is blocked. Link for FW- files as you like:

https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/233735-brauche_hilfe_root_entfernen-2.html#post1875415

For a noob like me please explain: You changed permissions only for the nvflash in the ./HC-folder out of the unzipped LTrecHC.zip, right?

Can this be the difference because its was not the ...tar.gz-file, which unpacked under Linux automatically sets the permissions the right way? Or did you unzip under Windows and copied the unzipped folders into linux?

Because with all others it was functioning after unpacking without changing any permissions of any file!

Or is it dependent on the 64-bit linux you did use? Or the method of unzipping a zip-file? Or did you just copy the unzipped files into your linux? daddle

bearbeitet von daddle
  • Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dj4n90

For a noob like me please explain: You changed permissions only for the nvflash in the ./HC-folder out of the unzipped LTrecHC.zip, right?

Can this be the difference because its was not the ...tar.gz-file, which unpacked under Linux automatically sets the permissions the right way? Or did you unzip under Windows and copied the unzipped folders into linux?

Because with all others it was functioning after unpacking without changing any permissions of any file!

Or is it dependent on the 64-bit linux you did use? Or the method of unzipping a zip-file? Or did you just copy the unzipped files into your linux? daddle

A zip file doesn't save owner & file rights, a tar.gz file does.

The script told me it had no permission to nvflash line 8

At that point some little light came up ...

The "$pfad/hc/nvflash" in the script told me it needed to be executed and so needed the x

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

@dj4n90

Das war also des Pudels Kern!

A zip file doesn't save owner & file rights, a tar.gz file does.

One more question: Do they loose them if you unpack in Windows and copy the unpacked folders/files into linux?

Dank je wel voor de uitvoerige beschrijving, ik had niet gezien dat jij Nederlands bent, maar...., ..but I guess English is the only foreign language somehow accepted in this thread, so I do hope my english was understandable so far! daddle

Edit: For a simple fast root you can use CydiaImpactor. It worked for me on the P9514 and other tabs until android JB 4.2, using an android-masterbug.

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dj4n90

daddle == Johan ? :)

Have nu clue downloaded and extracted on tux

can try it with the tar.gz later on, the zip doesn't have it anyway's so no need tot test that :)

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

No, daddle = = Udo from Germany! :icon_bigg

Mijn moeder was nederlands, ik ging voor een jaar naar school in Amsterdam, nabij Artis !

bearbeitet von daddle
OT

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dj4n90

My Medion P9514 File collection

Why not share them

Medion P9514 BackUp Drive

Discriptions follow

Got files to add ? send me a message.

bearbeitet von dj4n90

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

Hallo dj4n90 !

Mann bist du schnell! Dit is prachtig! Thats super! Phänomenal!

Auf ein solches File-repository habe ich lange gehofft! D A N K E !

Ich habe noch eine file die hinzugfügt werden könnte:

Die bereits dir gegenüber verlinkte recovery.zip für ICS, stellt soweit ich weiss nur den ICS-Bootloader wieder her. Schau mal in die recovery.sh.

Diese hätte in deinem Fall wahrscheinlich auch ausgereicht, statt den Umweg über HC 3.2 nehmen zu müssen!

Ausserdem empfehle ich die App Quickboot, die Reboot, Rebooten ins Recovery, Rebooten in den Bootloader, (leider nicht in den APX-Modus) und Power Off erlaubt, ohne das bei vielen fehlerträchtige Starten ins Recovery mit den anscheinend verwirrenden Tasten-Kombis.

Dann entfallen die vielen "bricks" die aus versehentlich falsch gedrückten Tasten entstehen, meist in den APX-Modus mit unfreiwillig gelöschtem Bootloader. Liebe Grüsse Udo

PS: Hast Du mit Cydia Impactor gerootet? Ich finde die Methode super elegant und schnell!

bearbeitet von daddle
Typo

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dj4n90

Jep rooted with CydiaImpactor worked like a charm :)

If this in recovery.zip installs what you say it can even be done faster;

Change The included (stock) recovery to cwm-recovery-p9514.img and flash "my" custom rooted deoxed ROM with CWM.

Maby SattNEK can comfirm my thoughts?

bearbeitet von dj4n90

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

Bitte schau mal in der recovery.sh nach was es macht, ich kann die Befehlsabfolge nicht vollständig interpretieren, weiss auch nicht was die flash.bct macht, auf jeden Fall ist eine bootloader.bin (für Tegra) und boot- und recovery.img in der recovery.zip mit eingeschlossen.

Sie soll ja nur helfen gebrickte Bootloader wiederherzustellen, und nicht ein custom-rom einspielen. Das erfordert eigentlich auch einen factory-reset mit Neu-Einrichten des Tabs, wo ist da der Zeitgewinn?

SattNEK hat leider seit ca einem Jahr hier nicht mehr gepostet und auf Ansprache nicht reagiert.

Mit dem deodexed rom von Louis777, nicht von sattnek, bin ich auch nicht zufrieden, da der angegebene und gefühlte Geschwindigkeitsgewinn m.E. nur aus einer extrem erhöhten Empfindlichkeit des Touchsreens kommt, und dieser oft Eingaben annimmt, wo man nur swipen will.

Meine Frau und mein Sohn kommen damit überhaupt nicht zurecht, und auch bei mir scrollt oder reagiert er auf leichteste Berührung z.B. des Hemdärmels. Oder wenn du nur die Fingerspitze ansetzt zum wischen/scrollen einer Webseite, dann lädt er schon den in einem berührten Bereich steckenden Link.

Und das ist meist Werbung! :icon_mad:

Oder man editiert einen Text, will in diesem hoch und runter gehen und der Touch setzt falsche nicht gewollte Buchstaben oder beendet plötzlich den Editor wenn man nur in die Nähe eines entsprechenden Eingabepunktes kommt. Copy & Paste ist damit so gut wie gar nicht möglich!

Er reagiert wie ein übernervöses, überzüchtetes Rennpferd! :frown:

daddle

bearbeitet von daddle
Ergänzung

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

HiHaaaa, it worked \o/

had to be changed to
Sounds logic when you are awake :)
Hi, dj4n90, just controlled permissions from the LTrecHC.zip-Download from Mega under PartedMagic. Unzipped under Linux/PartedMagic! Result:
root@PartedMagic:/media/Recover/Downloads/LTrecHC/hc# ls -l

total 1676

-rwxrwxrwx    2 root     root       1173157 Mar 11  2012 bootloader.bin

-rwxrwxrwx    2 root     root          4080 Jan 28  2012 flash-org.bct

-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          4080 Jan 28  2012 flash.bct

-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          2617 Mar 11  2012 flash.cfg

-rwxrwxrwx    2 root     root          4080 Jan 28  2012 flash_hynix.bct

-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        522615 Jan 28  2012 nvflash

root@PartedMagic:/media/Recover/Downloads/LTrecHC/hc# 

All files are marked executable.In Parted Magic unzipped under "root"!

So how comes in yours all "x" are missing? Debian Server? No root permission?

So what gave you this "Error"? And shouldn´t the LTrecHC.sh needs to be executable as well if you use it with "sudo" ? daddle

Edit:

Being curious I flashed and the script worked under PartedMagic! Then I retried it under Ubuntu 12.04, there the files were as you experienced not executable, under ls -l no "x-permission" in any file.

bearbeitet von daddle
typo

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
weissnixifx

huhu daddle... ( joo , ich mal wieder^^):icon_wink

hilfste mir noch mal bitte???

also... mein Table hat sich nun ganz verabschiedet, da ich immer noch soft-rest machen musst ...soft-reset knopf kaputt..heul...

nu hab ich mir eins bei ebay besorgt, will die platine tauschen...

es sollte eigentlich nur nen Glasschaden haben aber leider bleibt das display schwarz.

aber ich höre das es startet... und sehe unter linux... das ich auf den internen Speicher zugreifen kann... und mit lsusb .... ist Quanta Computer Inc. eingetragen....

Meine Frage: wenn ich unter lsusb ..Quanta Computer Inc.. sehen kann, ist dann die platine eigentlich Ok... also.. startet es normal????

für eine antwort wäre ich wieder mal dankbar^^

LG steffi

bearbeitet von weissnixifx
falscher name.. nicht quadcomm... sondern Quanta Computer Inc. meinte ich.. berichtigt^^

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

huhu daddle... ( joo , ich mal wieder^^):icon_wink

hilfste mir noch mal bitte???

also... mein Table hat sich nun ganz verabschiedet, da ich immer noch soft-rest machen musst ...soft-reset knopf kaputt..heul...

nu hab ich mir eins bei ebay besorgt, will die platine tauschen...

es sollte eigentlich nur nen Glasschaden haben aber leider bleibt das display schwarz.

aber ich höre das es startet... und sehe unter linux... das ich auf den internen Speicher zugreifen kann... und mit lsusb .... ist Quanta Computer Inc. eingetragen....

Meine Frage: wenn ich unter lsusb ..Quanta Computer Inc.. sehen kann, ist dann die platine eigentlich Ok... also.. startet es normal????

für eine antwort wäre ich wieder mal dankbar^^

LG steffi

Hallo,

ja du hast völlig recht, wenn mit lsusb "0408:b009 Quanta Computer, Inc!"

kommt dann hat es ins System gebootet und USB-Debugging ist an!

Spricht dafür dass die Platine OK ist.

Was meinst du mit Soft-Reset-Knopf? Der kleine Taster unter dem Loch neben der Multi-Anschluss-Buchse macht einen Hardreset, indem die Stromzufuhr zur Platine kurz unterbrochen wird.

Dass du immer wieder "deinen Softreset" machen musst ist eigentlich ein Softwareproblem. Mit dem letzten ICS-4.03 Update vom 19.07.12 war das jedoch behoben!

Aber seitdem ich das Deodexed-Rom von Louis777 eingespielt habe (Ich gestehe ohne Factory-Reset, wie empfohlen! ), geht meins nach dem Ruhezustand wenn es ganz ausschalten soll nach den eingestellten zwei Stunden, nicht richtig aus und kann es danach auch nur über den Reset-Knopf wiederbeleben.

Viel Erfolg und gib bitte Bescheid wie der Austausch verlaufen ist! daddle

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
weissnixifx

huhu daddle, :danke:

ok... bekenne mich VOLL schuldig... war zuuuuuu ungeduldig, es juckte in den Fingern und ich konnt einfach deine Antwort doch nicht abwarten...

so hab ich gestern Abend noch gebastelt und.... ES FUNKTIONIERT!!!!!UND viel viel besser als vorher. Und einfach war es auch!!

Das Table war ne B-Ware von Medion... somit... musste es ja riesen Macken haben...

Ok... ich hätte es vielleicht umtauschen können... sollen... egal.

Ja, das mit dem Kl. Loch .. die kurze Strom-Unterbrechung meinte ich.

Das es sich NUR um ein Software-prob bei mir handeln sollte... kann ich mir nicht vorstellen... da ich ja 3-5x alles neu gemacht habe... ich glaube die Platine hatte auch ne Macke... Absturz bei Töne, bei kühleren Temperaturen... ließ es sich noch viel schwerer starten. Ich hoffe mit der Austausch- Platine.. das es jetzt besser läuft... zu mindest jetzt nach 4 std. laufen... kann ich es behaupten.. Startet ohne Prob..Töne gehen... und schneller ist es auch... nur der Vol - Knopf harkt.. muss ich woll noch mal öffnen.

Das mit der ROM... ich hab da kein Interesse dran... da ich es schon bei meinem Handy Medion p4310 gemacht hab.. die 1. war bescheiden... Handy hatte Macken abstürze.. hängen geblieben... so wie bei dir...jetzt mit der cm7... geht es zwar besser aber hatte nicht so den gewünschten Erfolg ( durch verschieben auf SD-karte mehr internen speicher zu bekommen). Und nu reich ich das Handy weiter ..an einen Andro- Neuling... hihi...( rumärgern darf ich mich dann immer noch damit)

bearbeitet von weissnixifx
  • Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

If this in recovery.zip installs what you say it can even be done faster;

Change The included (stock) recovery to cwm-recovery-p9514.img and flash "my" custom rooted deoxed ROM with CWM.

Maby SattNEK can comfirm my thoughts?

@ dj4n90,

I just found out that the recovery.zip I gave you is just a replacement for a wrongly flashed bootloader, for the user who accidently flashed a HC 3.2 Bootloader on a ICS-System by using the wrong root-flash zip. This recovery.zip flashes the ics-bootloader only!

But I got another interesting file, the SOS.zip from Sattnek. It gives you the possibility to flash alternativly in one go or ICS Bootloader- Recovery- and Boot.-img, or doing the same for HC3.2. Just the permissions have to be changed to executable for the nvflash and the xxx.sh files... :biggrin:

It contains bootloader, recovery and kernel-(boot) img for both HC3.2 and ICS 4.03 incl. an alt.sh (for HC3.2) and an ics.sh installl file. Interested? I shall upload it then in my drive and you can copy it to your bibliothek of P 9514. regards daddle

Edit: Abweichend von der originalen SOS.zip habe ich das neueste ICS-Bootimage rein kopiert, so daß der lästige Wlan-Fehler nach Flashen der SOS.zip mit ics.sh und Korrektur durch nochmaliges Flashen der letzen Update.zip vom 19.07.2012 wegfällt.

Die Version die Du (dj4n90) in deinem Upload hast ist noch die unkorrigierte SOS-Version mit dem alten boot.img, das den Wlan-Fehler macht.!

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lQtpsqLGsYMXBham9NTEpIblk/edit?usp=sharing

bearbeitet von daddle
Link ergänzt

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

Hi dj4n90,

link is in the above post!

1.You have to change permissions, best for all files unpacked in Linux in a register called sos, chmod 777 "all files" , do not know the exact command!

2. You must use ics.sh if you are on ICS, or alt.sh if you are on Honey-Comb 3.2.!

After issueing ics.sh (Tab must be in APX-Mode), takes some minutes, you will have a clean newly flashed bootloader (!), kernel and recovery!

(If you are still on HC3.2, it is alt.sh to flash the correspondent Honey-Comb partitions.)

3. After flashing you have to use the ota-update from 19.07.2012 in "Dienstprogamma-App, dont know the App-name in Dutch, or going to ota-recovery, both ways do the same thing, starting Tab with pressing Power and Vol. Up simultaneously , and then when "entering ota..." appears press four times in a sequence the Vol.-Buttons " - + + - ", choose apply update from ext.SD-card. Otherwise Wlan does not work! And root afterwards with Cydia-Impactor again!

4. Do you use the Deodexed Rom and CWM-Recovery, both are buggy and prevent amongst other bugs a fast and good GPS.Fix. Even CWM- recovery on its own is no good. The only benefit with CWM-Rec. is " Wipe Dalvik Cache", but the same you can achieve with stock recovery for "wipe cache" and wiping dalvik-cache you only have to go with a file-explorer with root to /data/dalvik-cache/ , delete all files and reboot. All dalvik-cache-files will be rebuild then like in a factory-reset (without loosing data!)

5. Check my gps-tut, it is more stable than your gps.conf only.

Yours works fine only with a sim-card in it, and is quite stationary, means by traveling the satellites do not refresh properly to keep track (without 3G!). And I do not use aGPS-Data,I presume it blocks or overwrites the almanac and ephemeriden saved by the gps-chip itself ?!?

I added in the /system/etc/gps/gpsconfig.xml a link to lto2.dat (long time orbit-data) in /data/gps/ for local use and do use another modified gps.conf.

Much success daddle

bearbeitet von daddle
Rechtschreib!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag