After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill -

the story ends, you wake up in your bed and

believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill

- you stay in Wonderland and

I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

- Morpheus, The Matrix

(Copyright belongs to the Wachowski Brothers... Larry and Andy)

RedPill Source Based on N7100 Source Drop and probably one of the first Custom Kernels built using the stock N7100 Source.

Highlights

Exynos-Abuse Secured (Thanks to AndreiLux for the original low level patch & Samsung for the Official Fix)

SDS patch included

Ramfs from Stock Kernel + Busybox and its various functions in /sbin

Versions up to Rev1.00 were Based on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Source Drop Release 1; Rev1.01 and up are based on N8000 Sources

Included patches for performance, stability and battery life

Init.d support

SetCPU, ROM Toolbox and Voltage Control Support

CPU Overclocking and Undervolting Support (Thanks to AndreiLux)

GPU Overclocking and Undervolting Support (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Enable or Disable File Syncing

(fsync disabled by default as I've tweaked the system for optimum latency designed for Flash Storage)

CFS Autogroup by Mike Galbraith Enabled

CPU Topology and Sched_MC enabled

AFTR and LPA enabled

A lot of tunables via sysfs included (Use ROM Toolbox or similar Utility to easily change it)

Git Implementation of SHA-1 for 12% faster boot time

CPU set at 1.6Ghz at Boot for faster boot time (Thanks to Imoseyon)

LZO compressed kernel using optimized values for the size of the kernel for faster boot time (Using faster lzo code from mainline)

CIFS Support (cifs.ko located in /lib/modules) | Tweaked Ext4 Filesystem

(Patches + Mount Options + Tweaked IO Schedulers leaning towards latency for Flash Storage)

sio | zen | row | noop | deadline (tweaked for better latency and balanced throughput for Mobile NAND based devices)

Tweaked the mount options for Ext4 to adapt to the current focus on latency

pegasusq CPU Governor (Thanks to AndreiLux for the some of the new governor specific logic he added)

WiFi Multicast Blocked (Thanks to Entropy512)

Using Google Toolchain 4.7 + compiler optimizations specific for that version (Thanks Google & Linaro)

Power Saving Features:

AFTR + LPA enabled

sched_mc enabled (set at 2 by default)

ARM CPU Topology enabled

No HZ enabled

Boot Time Features:

Used git Implem of SHA-1 for 12% Boot time improvement

Added [PATCH] arm: remove "optimized" SHA1 routines by Linus Torvalds

Added [PATCH] arm: remove stale export of 'sha_transform' Linus Torvalds

Set Clockspeed at 1.6Ghz at Boot time to ensure all critical tasks have enough power to perform them while

the governors/maxfreq isn't set yet. (Thanks to Imoseyon for this hack)

CPU Features

Supports CPU Overclocking and Undervolting (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Supports GPU Overclocking or Undervolting (Thanks to AndreiLux)

pegasusq CPU Governor pegasusq set as default (obviously)

Filesystem Features (Currently Supported)

ExFat (Using Proprietary Samsung Modules)

Fat32

Ext2/3/4

CIFS (cifs.ko is in /lib/modules)

Ext2Int for N7100 (Thanks to mattiadj for idea and base script that I used to get it fully working on N7100 and RedPill) (ExFAT and FAT32 only)

I/O Schedulers

SIO (2012 0.2 version) (tweaked for Flash) Set as Default

deadline (tweaked for Flash)

zen (Thanks to bbedward)

noop

row (Thanks to Tanya Brokhman)

Tweaked values in deadline and SIO I/O scheduler to give better than average throughput while attemting to improve latency (if not more aggressive). Based on our initial (indicative, not conclusive... yet) testing, having these in line with the vm dirty, expire, writeback values + ext4 mount options to "schedule" write outs as fast as the system can handle it works quite well to balance throughput with latency expected in a mobile device. We took the big picture view and tested our tweaks instead of copy pasting random "known" good values and challenged some assumptions even we had at the start. The result is a mobile device tuned for average throughput and balanced battery life with good latency (not the lowest latency out there, but given the benefits of better I/O throughput and potential battery savings + extending the lifetime of NAND Based storage I think it was a compromise worth taking) I could have tweaked it for extremely great throughput and battery savings but that wouldn't be fun to use. I hate micro-lags myself.

Our Test Data regarding I/O schedulers and Kernel Tweaks can be found HERE.

The blog post that describes what we are trying to do can be found on my blog post HERE. (Thanks to s2d4)

Memory Features

Custom minfree values tweaked for 2GB RAM

Tweaked vm values in sysctl that's optimized for latency

Display Features

Stock mdnie values for more vivid details on the current generation of AMOLED Displays

Performance Patches Enabled

Mike Galbraith's Ultimate CFS Performance Patch (CFS Autogroup)

*More info on this here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/20/91

Added the CGroup Patch:*Added [PATCH] cgroup: Provides a way of tasks grouping by timer slack value

by Kirill A. Shutemov Based on patch by Jacob Pan. Introduces per cgroup timer slack value

which will override the default timer slack value once a task is attached to a cgroup. It's useful in mobile devices where

certain background apps are attached to a cgroup and minimum wakeups are desired.

Experimental Latency Related Patches

Disabled "fsync disabled" by default

(can be enabled by doing an echo "0" > /sys/class/misc/fsynccontrol/fsync_enabled

in a terminal emulator or as a script for gscript or scriptmanager) (Or use STweaks to toggle it) (Thanks to Ezekeel)

Using the tweaked Ext4 filesystem + scheduler and mount options leaning towards latency + vm values in the kernel

makes the most of the speed of Flash Storage based devices. At the speed at which the data is written to and from the kernel

to the Fast Storage devices, you would only lose up to 1 second worth of data at most IF the kernel crashes.

I don't plan on that happening so I enabled the system to get the maximum possible performance in this area.

Tweaked Ext4 Filesystem (Patches + Mount Options + Tweaked IO Schedulers leaning towards latency)

Tweaked the mount options for Ext4 to adapt to the current focus on latency

3rd Party Kernel Apps Support

STweaks by gokhanmoral

ROM Toolbox by jrummy

SetCPU by michaelhuang

System Tuner

Voltage Control | ExTweaks by xan

Changelog neue Revisionen >>> HIER <<<

Stock:

RedPill Stable Revision 1.42 (For Samsung Based ROM's for N7100)

RedPill Stable Revision 1.47 (For Samsung Based ROM's for N7100)

AOSP:

RedPill AOSP Revision Rev1.47 (FOR CM10.1 and 4.2.2 based AOSP ROM's for N7100)

RedPill AOSP Rev1.52 (FOR CM10.1 and 4.2.2 based AOSP ROM's for N7100)

Download Links: (CWM/TWRP Version Only)

I've put the links down here to ensure you at least TRY to read the IMPORTANT info posted above.

Don't forget to enjoy the RedPill; it's Awesomeness Delivered!

Downloads all Versions

ORIGINALTHREAD

Installation:

Download des Kernels (.zip) und speichern auf eurem Note II.

Root und CWM Recovery mit Odin wie hier beschrieben installieren.

Danach in den CWM Recovery booten (Volume up - Powerknopf - Homebutton gleichzeitig drücken).

Ein Backup des aktuellen ROMs machen und dieses wenn möglich (zur Sicherheit) auf dem PC speichern.

Danach den Kernel von eurem Note II installieren.

Rebooten

ACHTUNG: Diese Anleitung soll euch lediglich als Hilfestellung dienen. Jeder Systemeingriff am Gerät, wie zB durch Flashen oder Rooten birgt Gefahren in sich. Es wird in diesem Zusammenhang ausdrücklich darauf hingewiesen, dass weder handy-faq noch ich Verantwortung für Schäden, die durch Flashen nach dieser Anleitung entstanden sind, übernehmen. Jeder muss selber wissen was er tut und sich zutraut. Weiters wird darauf hingewiesen, dass durch Flashen oder Rooten Garantieansprüche gegenüber dem Hersteller oder Anbieter erlöschen oder sich auch ein Vertragsbruch mit dem Provider ergeben könnte. Daher werden Systemeingriffe immer in eurer Eigenverantwortung durchgeführt.

LG

Andreas

bearbeitet von andreas02
Update CM Rev 1.52

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Update:

Rev0.9 (PUBLIC BETA)Added Scoobydoo Sound (gokhanmoral's port of supercurio's Voodoo) (Thanks to gokhanmoral)

Added Scoobydoo specific Stweaks presets (Thanks to gokhanmoral)

Added sjkoon's Scoobydoo Sound fixes (Thanks to sjkoon)

Added android logging as a module (Use STweaks to toggle)

Post 1 ergänzt. Neuerungen "rot" :icon_chee

LG

Andreas

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Update:

Rev0.10 (CURRENT STABLE RELEASE)Revert ExtSdCard mount points to default (To enable Ext2Int Tweak by mattiadj to work)

Added bbedward's zen i/o scheduler (Included in Stweaks options as well)

Added Option to OC to 1.8GHz after several weeks of testing for stability (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Added AndreiLux's STweaks Dynamic Config for CPU_UV, min/max freq and i/o scheduler (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Added updated pegasusq logic from newer Samsung sources (Thanks to AndreiLux for Original Port)

Added option in STweaks to swap internal and external sdcard (Thanks to mattiadj for original idea and script, which I then took and edited to ensure Full compatibility with N7100)

Added Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP (Thanks to faux123)

Tweaked deadline i/o scheduler

#######################

Rev0.10 PUBLIC BETA/FOR CM10.1 ONLY

Added bbedward's zen i/o scheduler (Included in Stweaks options as well)

Added Option to OC to 1.8GHz after several weeks of testing for stability (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Added AndreiLux's STweaks Dynamic Config for CPU_UV, min/max freq and i/o scheduler (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Added updated pegasusq logic from newer Samsung sources (Thanks to AndreiLux for Original Port)

Added option in STweaks to swap internal and external sdcard (Thanks to mattiadj for original idea and script, which I then took and edited to ensure Full compatibility with N7100)

Added Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP (Thanks to faux123)

Tweaked deadline i/o scheduler

Updated ramfs to 4.2.1

Post 1 wurde ergänzt.

LG

Andreas

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
skrApy

Bislang keine Probleme mit dem Kernel, aber was Geschwindigkeit etc. angeht bemerke ich persönlich keinen unterschied zum originalen (außer man schraubt eventuell daran)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Update:

Rev0.11 (CURRENT STABLE RELEASE)Exynos-Abuse Secured thru the low-level fix by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Using Official Google Toolchain 4.6.x

Added Dynamic Writeback from 3.1 (Thanks to franciscofranco for the port)

Added the latest (v5.4) of the "faster crc32 algorithm" by Bob Pearson and Darrick Wong (Thanks to both of them)

Added faux123 Dynamic fsync (Thanks to faux123)

Enable Dynamic FSync and FSync Control to co-exist (Please read STweaks option to gain a better understanding)

Backported ROW I/O scheduling algorithm (Thanks to Tatyana Brokhman)

Revert to using original N7100 source bcmdhd drivers to fix WiFi for some users

Added ability to increase brightness to 255 (Thanks to nebkat)

Tick and workqueue updates from upstream kernel source (Please see commit log for details)

Remove ntfs auto mounting since people use ExFAT and FAT32 while NTFS can be loaded by 3rd party tools

Tweaked Ext2Int mount options

Tweaked System mount options

Ultimate (Will not work with ExFat since I used SLQB)

Rev0.11 CURRENT STABLE RELEASE

Exynos-Abuse Secured thru low-level fix by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Added Dynamic Writeback from 3.1 (Thanks to franciscofranco for the port)

Added the latest (v5.4) of the "faster crc32 algorithm" by Bob Pearson and Darrick Wong (Thanks to both of them)

Enable Dynamic FSync and FSync Control to co-exist

Tick and workqueue updates from upstream kernel source (Please see commit log for details)

Remove ntfs auto mounting since people use ExFAT and FAT32 while NTFS can be loaded by 3rd party tools

Disable Ext2Int while I find a way to get around the new emulated mounts for multiuser support 4.2.1 brings (You can still use directory bind for some games and apps with large data requirements)

Post 1 ergänzt

LG

Andreas

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
skrApy

ehm heute morgen hab ich doch glatt nen Schreck bekommen.

Ich hatte gestern noch vorm schlafen gehn kurz den neuen Kernel installiert.

Heute Morgen war plötzlich mein Handy aus und reagierte auf keinen Einschaltknopf mehr etc... hm gut dachte der neue Kernel hat wohl über Nacht den Akku leergesaugt... schließe es ans Netzteil an und er reagierte immer noch nicht auf den Einschaltknopf...

nach 10min. warten und entnahme des Akkus ging es plötzlich doch an...habe sicherheitshalber sofort den alten Kernel v0.10 installiert.

Kann mir das Verhalten net erklären weil die einzige Veränderung die ich gestern Abend gemacht habe war den Kernel von v0.10 auf v0.11 zu updaten.

Hat noch jemand die Erfahrung gemacht mit dem neuen Kernel?

PS: der Akku war nicht leer sondern bei 88%....

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
jetdevil

Es gibt bereits die 1.0 mit gefixtem Exynos Mem Fehler.

** gesendet per C64 mit Akustikkoppler **

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Guest Ace_Experte

ehm heute morgen hab ich doch glatt nen Schreck bekommen.

Ich hatte gestern noch vorm schlafen gehn kurz den neuen Kernel installiert.

Heute Morgen war plötzlich mein Handy aus und reagierte auf keinen Einschaltknopf mehr etc... hm gut dachte der neue Kernel hat wohl über Nacht den Akku leergesaugt... schließe es ans Netzteil an und er reagierte immer noch nicht auf den Einschaltknopf...

nach 10min. warten und entnahme des Akkus ging es plötzlich doch an...habe sicherheitshalber sofort den alten Kernel v0.10 installiert.

Kann mir das Verhalten net erklären weil die einzige Veränderung die ich gestern Abend gemacht habe war den Kernel von v0.10 auf v0.11 zu updaten.

Hat noch jemand die Erfahrung gemacht mit dem neuen Kernel?

PS: der Akku war nicht leer sondern bei 88%....

Hatte ich auch.

Das Script für die Sicherheitslücke und das im Kernel integrierte scheinen sich nicht zu vertragen.

Ich habe aktuell den Thor Kernel drauf und bisher kein Problem mehr.

Gruß Pille

Gesendet mit Tapatalk von meinem Samsung Galaxy Note II

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Guest Ace_Experte

Update :

Rev1.00 (CURRENT STABLE RELEASE)Exynos-Abuse Secured thru the low-level fix by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Added faux123 Dynamic fsync (Thanks to faux123)

Enable Dynamic FSync and FSync Control to co-exist (Please read STweaks option to gain a better understanding)

Revert to using original N7100 source bcmdhd drivers to fix WiFi for some users

Tweaked Ext2Int mount options

ULTIMATE VERSION HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED & DEPRECATED SINCE MOST FEATURES ARE FOUND ON STABLE

Posting 1 ergänzt

Gruß Pille

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
skrApy

Bislang läuft er ohne Fehler...ich hoffe über Nacht passiert mit dem 1.0 nicht das gleiche wie beim 0.11 :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Update :biggrin:

Changelog:

Rev1.01 (CURRENT STABLE RELEASE)Completely Rebased on N8000 Source

Use newest and official Exynos-Abuse patch from Samsung (Thanks to AndreiLux for the additional patches re: static cma regions)

Fix Freezes for some Devices when transferring large files via USB

Fix SOD for some Devices

Change CPU Idle Settings back to stock

Remove Dynamic FSync (Ability to enable or disable FSync is still available)

Removed ROW I/O as sio/deadline/zen perform better in our tests

USB Charging Rate increased to 1700

Tweaked pegasusq for battery life (limit sampling rate in suspend)

Removed Conservative (as new tweaked pegasusq can save battery with the right settings)

Added Dynamic STweaks XML Implementation by AndreiLux (Thanks to AndreiLux)

Updated STweaks (Thanks to Gokhan Moral)

use get_random_int() to fix entropy depleting (Thanks to Jeff Liu)

Updated sensorhub driver, device sensors

Post 1 ergänzt

LG

Andreas

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Update auf

RedPill Stable Revision 1.30 und

RedPillAOSP_Rev1.30 (FOR CM10.1 and 4.2.1 based AOSP ROM's)

Changelog im ersten Post ergänzt.

LG

Andreas

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Hoppel2580

Bis jetzt läuft der neue sehr smooth und stabil. Akku ist bis jetzt auch super.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Guest herbertzzz

Ah, ok, du hast nun diesen hier geflasht.

Für ein spitzenmäßiges Touchrecovery würde ich dir zusätzlich das empfehlen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Hoppel2580

Ja habe jetzt diesen aber würde gern mal den Philz probieren nur finde ich den Kernel nicht sondern nur die Recovery. Hast du vielleicht einen direkten Link zum Kernel?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Update des RedPills :icon_wink

Versionen:

RedPill Stable Revision 1.42:

RedPill Rev1.42 (For Samsung Based ROM's for N7100)

RedPill AOSP Revision 1.42:(FOR CM10.1 and 4.2.1 based AOSP ROM's for N7100) (DEPRECATED | NOT SUPPORTED)

Changelog im Post 1, der aktualisiert wurde.

LG

Andreas

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Aber nur für AOSP

RedPill AOSP Revision 1.45 (FOR CM10.1 and 4.2.2 based AOSP ROM's for N7100)

Post 1 ergänzt

LG

Andreas

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
andreas02

Für AOSP

RedPill AOSP Revision 1.47 (FOR CM10.1 and 4.2.2 based AOSP ROM's for N7100)

Post 1 ergänzt

LG

Andreas

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag