Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Schmiddi1008

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Perseus Kernel

RichtigerLurch

Der perseus ist Hammer, akkulaufzeit auch subber.

Mein neuer Liebling =P

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

Der Perseus war schon immer richtig klasse, wundert mich das er so wenig Zuspruch hat/kriegt.

Lg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
BriKo78

Hi,

Ich kann den Perseus nur empfehlen. Bin sehr zufrieden!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
KarolusXXL

Hi,

Ich kann den Perseus nur empfehlen. Bin sehr zufrieden!

Wollte mir den Perseus Kernel gerade herunterladen. Leider führt der Link am Anfang dieses Threads in's Leere:

"Invalid Attachment specified. This can happen for a variety of reasons-- most likely because the thread or post you are trying to view has been moved or deleted. Please return to the forum home and browse for another similiar post."

Evtl. wird ja gerade etwas Neues hoch geladen und der Link ist temporär nicht funktional. Werde es später noch einmal probieren.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

Dann nimm die aus Post 36 die gehen :-)

Lg

Gesendet mit Skyblue Tapatalk auf meinem Gt-I8190

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

Nichts zu danken und viel Spaß beim testen von dem Kernel.

Lg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
KarolusXXL

Nichts zu danken und viel Spaß beim testen von dem Kernel.

Das Testen des Kernels läuft, undzwar sehr erfreulich. Stelle fest, dass die Geschwindigkeit völlig in Ordnung ist.

Was mir vor allem auffällt, ist dass die Positionierung im App Kompass oder auch Navigon sehr schnell und präzise erfolgt; das timmt sogar die Hausnummer durch die Betondecke über mir hindurch. Fahrplan MS zeigt mir ohne zweiten Anlauf zielgenau, welche Bushaltestelle vor der Haustür ist. Das war schon anders.

Es mag sein, dass ich jetzt einfach auch dem Omega-ROM huldige und dies gar nicht so sehr dem Kernel geschuldet ist. Aber dann ist auf jeden Fall das Zusammenspiel beider Komponenten excellent.

Aerobicmaus hat mich ja auf diesen Kernel gestoßen. Ist ein prima Tipp der Sohn des Zeus und der Danaë --> PERSEUS!

330px-Pompejanischer_Maler_des_1._Jahrhunderts_001.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
BriKo78

Aerobicmaus hat mich ja auf diesen Kernel gestoßen. Ist ein prima Tipp der Sohn des Zeus und der Danaë --> PERSEUS!

Freut mich :-)

Bin selbst durch Chris264 drauf gekommen und ebenfalls dankbar ;-)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

UPDATE

[Kernel][29/01] Perseus

Features / changelist:

Perseus alpha32 (29/01):

Charging control implemented. This is my own version.

Charging currents:

Charging currents are dictated by input and charging current limits. The input current is the current flowing into the device through the USB port at 5V. The charging current is the current delivered to the battery at usually 4.35V. The device can have a higher charging current than input current because of the voltage differential, usually a 15% discrepancy. You can also have much higher input currents than charging currents, this can be useful when you are using the device in situations like gaming and charging your battery at the same time, provided your charger actually can provide the power.

There are 3 USB charger type categories: DCP / Dedicated Charging Ports which also includes AC chargers, but also special USB plugs; SDP / Standard Downstream Ports which usually includes almost all data enabled USB ports, and CDP / Charging Downstream Ports which includes also data enabled USB ports but which are designed to provide more power, usually on newer laptops where the USB port has a lightning logo next to it. More info here. - Technical explanation here.

Charging logic:

Stable margin removal option. The charger chip is capable of detecting unstable charging sources; it dynamically reduces the input current in 100mA steps until it detects a stable voltage input [We don't have the charger chip datasheet, so the technical explanation is a bit blurry here on how it decides that it's unstable]. It further reduces it by 100mA as a safety margin, you can disable this now.

Complete disabling of unstable power detection. This simply ignores unstable power sources and leaves the input current limit at its set up value. This will fix charging problems people have been reporting. However, please use it at your own risk, the S3 chargers which have had these symptoms clearly have some issue in their hardware so you might actually kill them with this option enabled as there is no protection from the phone's side anymore.

The actual input current limit can be read out in /sys/devices/platform/samsung-battery/power_supply/battery/current_max, so you can see the real limit there, it's the closest thing we have to the actual charging current on stock values since there is no hardware to read out the live currents.

Voltage control:

Hard voltage control: 4.20, 4.35V, and 4.40V charging voltages are available. This is included for anybody running on third-party batteries, whom most of them have a 3.7V battery chemistry as opposed to the 3.8V on the stock battery. These batteries should be charged at 4.2V instead of 4.35V.

Soft voltage control: As opposed to the hard voltage control which is the voltage which the charger chip provides to the battery while charging, the soft-voltage is the battery voltage itself. 3.7V batteries have a top-off voltage of 4.2V and 3.8V again 4.35V. The default limit on the stock battery is 4.30V before the charger logic stops and considers the battery as full. This is also merely provided for 3rd party batteries which should be charged at lower voltages. If you overcharge your battery beyond these what are safe considered voltages, such as raising the default 4.30 top-off voltage to the design 4.35V or even higher, you are running into the risk of damaging the battery or even causing it to melt-down. Use at your own discretion.

mDNIe sharpness and RGB/YCM chroma saturation control in STweaks:

I started implementing sharpness control in STweaks and went a bit over-board instead of a simple checkbox; You now have controls over the mDNIe registers as a delta offset value compared to the stock register values. I'm applying the offset to all mDNIe profiles and scenarios which have the specific post-processing effect active in that specific scenario. Meaning, that you start with the default profile; Dynamic / Standard / Natural / Movie and have the delta offset applied on top of that.

Sharpness delta. This is what brought most of the quality difference in hardcore's original tweaks. You can now fine-tune it to your own taste, and also take into regard that it produces a different effect for each screen profile while having the same delta - the base values between the profiles are different.

DE control - I don't know what this actually does and I couldn't discern much difference between the values, but it used to be disabled in hardcore's tweaks.

Chroma saturation control: This is composed of 2 values for each RGB/YCM channel. See the Munsell color system for a visual representation of the values controlled here. The chroma curve control describes the curve weight based on chroma intensity, the chroma gain is the chromatic gain that is being applied on the respective channel. Chromatic saturation weight is again another multiplier for all channels combined. I have not managed to properly identify the chroma grey threshold and its effects.

Basically this is like an RGB control on steroids, and enables you to tune your screen to your own liking and calibrate it as you wish. Please note that not all scenarios in the profiles have chroma saturation effects, the Movie profile for example has no effect applied to the UI so chromatic control has no effect on it.

I also want to state that the above are my deductions and theories on the descriptions of these controls, I'm not familiar enough on colour theory to be able to confidently say that these descriptions are correct, and the controls are a work-in-progress for now. Experts are welcome to contribute here.

Front buffer early suspend delay option for those who have issues with the CRT animation.

Did some refactoring on the Mali drivers and fixed a bug which may have caused less capable undervolting than the stock implementation.

DOWNLOAD

Perseus-alpha32-i9300.tar

Perseus-alpha32-i9300-CWM.zip

Viel Spaß damit.

Lg

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

UPDATE

[Kernel][26/02] Perseus

Features / changelist:

Perseus alpha33 (26/02):

Revamped and hopefully final version of mDNIe controls:

The controls work now on two levels: First we have a master sequence that overrides any and all of Samsung's settings; currently this version is released without calibration, however in the next minor version it will be updated with proper professional screen calibration. See the Note 2 thread to see what to expect here too. The master sequence is calibrated to sRGB norms on a precision level equalling and even surpassing the iPad3/4.

The master sequence works as as the calibrated base; for people not wanting to bother further with any more controls, you simply enable this and you're done.

Second part is the register hook, it catches effect values and modifies them by applying delta values available as controls in STweaks and in /sys/class/misc/mdnie/hook_control/.

Leaving both these options will give you Samsung's default values, plus the black crush fix.

The register hook, while used on Samsung's profiles, is not capable to alter effects which are not integrated in that screen profile's value sequence, the "Movie" profile for example lacks some effects present in the "Dynamic" profile. The same is valid when having different scenarios, the "Camera" scenario will use different effects in its base than the "UI" scenario. To fully explore all possible effects, use the Master profile as it integrates all effect values known.

Each control has a master kill-switch which enables or disables the effect. This varies by profile and scenario, so you have control to only "toggle" the switch, whatever its state may be in.

Digital noise reduction - Reduces and flattens out grain. Advanced controls are found in the hook_control folder with the dnr_ prefix.

High dynamic range - A HDR effect which brings out details in dark and extremely bright scenes.

Digital edge enhancement - An edge enhancement effect. What we previously called "sharpening". Divided in controls for radius, amount and threshold. Read the Wikipedia page for more information. More advanced controls found in the sysfs under the de_ prefix.

For the above three effects, scenario consideration is taken into account. You can enable/disable them depending when you want it to be applied. Please be aware only the stock applications trigger the scenarios. I will try to enable at least the video scenario depending on when the hardware decoder is active in the future so that they are enabled also in third-party video players.

Chroma saturation control - Same as in previous version but with fixed labels.

Colour temperature control - By default this is disabled on all profiles, however, if your screen has a tint to it, this is the first control you should try to fix as it alters temperature on all channels.

The SCR controls are colour channel filters working on the Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta, White, and Black channels.

Imagine the controls as manipulating the corners of the RGB cube:

G1W6fON.png?1

By controlling the RGB coordinates of each corner/channel we can mould the cube into a different shape. At the same time the cube is projected onto a hexagon; the perimeter of the hexagon represents the colour hue, the radius of the hexagon from the middle represents chroma. We can use the chroma saturation controls to "push in" each corner of the cube, while moulding the corner's directions with the RGB controls. The RGB coordinates can be transformed into the HSL space space if needed, however I didn't include this function yet as I don't feel the need for it.

STweaks has controls for the RGBYCMW channels, the K (Black) channel I left out because it makes no sense in altering it, but can be found in the sysfs folder.

Several controls have a "factory setting" switch, this are the burned in-hardware values for some controls, they overwrite the controls themselves.

Additionally to the controls exposed to STweaks, there are several other effects and modifiers exposed in the sysfs interfaces. This also includes the gamma curve controls for levels 0-255 in steps of 16.

There are also some additional unidentified configurables which I wasn't able to properly give a name to or had no effects: Dithering, ABC (Seems to give a gamma brightness boost), SCC, UC, and MCM (Colour temperature) configurables whose exact effect isn't documented.

DOWNLOAD

Perseus-alpha33.1-i9300.tar

Perseus-alpha33.1-i9300-CWM.zip

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
The-Bad

kann mir wie verraten wie ich als sgs3 neunling denn kanal wächsen kann???

läuft das wie beim ersten rooten, das man in denn dwonlord modus geht die pegasus tar datei in odin in pda pack und startet?????und wie gehts dann weiter?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

Ja so könntest du ihn flashen über odin. Bei Pda rein und fertig, Handy startet dann neu und bist fertig.

Kannst es aber auch über Cwm flashen, so wie du eine Rom flasht, musst hier aber keinen Wipe machen.

Lg

Gesendet mit Jelly Bam Android 4.2.2 vom S3 :-)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

Hast du jetzt schon Root? Wenn ja schau mal in meine Signatur unter dem Punkt Zurücksetzen da steht auch alles über Cwm drin.

Nein hast kein Update verpasst, ich nutze nur eine Custom Rom.

Lg

Gesendet mit Jelly Bam Android 4.2.2 vom S3 :-)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
The-Bad

hab mein sgs3 schin mit odin die super user app gerootetund würde erstmal damit weiter arbeiten weil dies mir am einfachsten erschin.

Custom Rom??? wo ist denn der unterschied zw. 4.1.2. und 4.2.2.

ach ja bin noch sgs3 neuling,

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s2_forum/256562-leitfaden_unterschiede_zwischen_samsung_roms_aosp_aokp_roms.html

Hier siehst du die ganzen Unterschiede ist zwar vom S2 aber ist das gleiche.

Hier kann man die Unterschiede nachlesen https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Android-Versionen

solltest du noch mehr Fragen haben die nicht direkt was mit dem Kernel zutun haben dann bitte hier stellen https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/galaxy_s3_custom_roms/261611-samsung_galaxy_s3_alles_thema_roms_allgemein_empfehlungen_usw.html

Lg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag