Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Hackerjac

Medion Lifetab P9514 - Root guide in English [HowTo]

Hackerjac

Hello

I know i'm new here and i'm also a big noob

I have seen a guide here in english on how to root my Lifetab 9514, unfortenly i have to remove the back cover

I have read other places on the net that there should be a guide where you don't need to re,ove the cover, i donno if i just havent searched enoug curse i can't seem to find it

So i hove someone here can help, since my German is terrible

kind regards

Hackerjac

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
h.weisweiler

Hello

I know i'm new here and i'm also a big noob

I have seen a guide here in english on how to root my Lifetab 9514, unfortenly i have to remove the back cover

I have read other places on the net that there should be a guide where you don't need to re,ove the cover, i donno if i just havent searched enoug curse i can't seem to find it

So i hove someone here can help, since my German is terrible

kind regards

Hackerjac

Hy Crykerjack,

you are right, there is a way to root the Lifetab without removing the back cover, you can find it here but the todo is in german.

Here is my lazy translation,so please be merciful...

Spezial thanks to:

SattNEK!

Instructions for rooting (Without opening case)

What you need:

Linux 32 Bit System !! an the linked file

Please use a pure Linux system, for all I care use a live system but do not use any vitual systems.

Link 1 for rooting Honeycomb : https://www.mediafire.com/?21xjimbysn74fa9

Link 2 for rooting ICS : https://www.mediafire.com/?yon8f2spoyaifgp

Link 3 in the second part : Teil 2 Root entfernen

What did this script do? It rootes the Lifetab and deactivate the bootsound.

But befor we start I will say something to you:

!! Everything you do, you do on your own risk. !!

1. After Downloading the file, unzip it, and keep the directory in mind.

As some have had problems, I created a small Test-Script.

Please, befor pressing the key combination, first do it in the Script-Directory.

Open Terminal and go to the directory. Maximize the terminalwindow, so you can read everything.

e.g.

cd ~/Downloads/Medion_LifeTab_P9514-Root_Tool/
in Terminal Test-Script run: Code:
./test.sh
Compare everything !! Should there be an errormessage like "Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" or "command not found" nothing will be done on the Lifetab. Continue if everything is successful. From now on, do not close the terminalwindow. And run this command in terminal. The Lifetab must be on, and the display should not go out.
lsusb
if the line 0408:b009 Quanta Computer, Inc. appears everything is ok. In some cases it could be something else. Please disconnect the Lifetab fom USB.
lsusb
If following Line appears 0955:7820 NVidia Corp everything is ok, and we can go on with the rooting. 5. Start the root script in the terminal with the following command and follow the instructions in the terminal:
sudo ./root.sh

You will be asked for your password which you must enter.

If you use a live system the password is not applicable or is empty.

6. Please wait till your livetab reboots, then press the Enter-Key if you will be prompted.

Info : When you first start you can still hear the startup tone, but, after you reboot the lifetab again, it should no longer be heard

If everything is running smoothly then your Lifetab is rooted.

Good luck.

OK, now lets begin with the rooting
A last info befor we start: We use the keyboard combination of death (Tastenkombination des Todes). Please think about it !! that after this key combination your Lifetab is in APX mode, and you only get out of this mode, if you rewrite the bootloader. 2. Switch off the Lifetab and do the following key combination First sound down (minus key) hold pressed und switch on the Lifetab on hold both keys pressed as long as "Booting" appears on the screen. immediately disengage both keys and fast press the following key combination 1 * sound down (minus) 2 * sound up (plus) 1 * sound donw (minus) After that combination your Lifetab should not boot, but when !! something went wrong and you have to do it once again. 3. If everything is fine connect the Lifetab with the USB. 4. Check the following command in the previously opened terminal bearbeitet von h.weisweiler
  • Like 3

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Hackerjac

thanks alot, seems easy, just one thing i don't understand "You will be asked for your password which you must enter" what password is that ?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
h.weisweiler

thanks alot, seems easy, just one thing i don't understand "You will be asked for your password which you must enter" what password is that ?

I think it will prompt for the root password.

It depbends on the system you use, if it is a pore Linux installed on your computer, you have to use the root password, if you use a live system, e.g. you boot from CD like Knoppix, then you have no password or an empty password.

• Like 1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Hackerjac

Want to thanks ypu all for the help, but seems like my lifetab won't go into apx mode, donno why, maybe curse it came with the p9514.20120311.4 update installed from factory

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Hackerjac

well got it working now, it always help if you do what the tut says :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
h.weisweiler

Could the 'Medion Lifetab P9514 - Root guide in English' be updated for ICS 4.0.3 ?

German guide available at: https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/233735-brauche_hilfe_root_entfernen.html#post1871832

Thanks in advance

Johan

Hy Jopeke,

I have updated the guide

https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/245993-medion_lifetab_p9514_root_guide_english_howto.html#post1998201

I only added the two links to ICS and to the unrooting guide, the rest of the guide seems to be identical.

H.Weisweiler

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
shadowtor

I got it all working at first, then when i was installing a few apps i needed to shutdown, so i did, but instead of shutting down it went to a black screen (no button combination did anything)

so i left it till the power went out (~5 hours)

I then turned it back and and the medion text came up like usual... then it doesnt do anything else. just stays on medion.

Any way to fix this?

(everything was working fine untill shutdown)

Thanks!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
daddle

I got it all working at first, then when i was installing a few apps i needed to shutdown, so i did, but instead of shutting down it went to a black screen (no button combination did anything)

so i left it till the power went out (~5 hours)

I then turned it back and and the medion text came up like usual... then it doesnt do anything else. just stays on medion.

Any way to fix this?

(everything was working fine untill shutdown)

Thanks!

It seems your kernel is damaged. You must restore your firmware following Link: https://www.handy-faq.de/forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/233735-brauche_hilfe_root_entfernen.html#post1871832 post 17. Just that you take the right Version, for HC3.2 you must take the HC-Version MD_LIFETAB_P9514.20120311.4 , for ICS take the Lifetab_p9514.20120719.2-ICS-signed-ota-update, download and copy the zip to your external sd-card and then start the tab in recovery-mode.

If you can't restart press reset and Vol.Up(+) simultaneously, when ota.... displays then quickly press Vol. - + + -

until count 4 shows, and shortly after the recovery-menue will appear in the upper left corner. Choose by pressing vol. - or + until you mark "apply update from external storage ", press Power-Button for sub-menue, then mark your downloaded zip-file by selecting with Vol. down (-), (+ for upwards), and press power button to start selected zip-file. I hope this will help you.

bearbeitet von daddle
Egänzung

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag