Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Buddler

Samsung Galaxy S3 - franco.Kernel

Buddler

[KERNEL][GPL][14 AUG][sTOCK + CM10] franco.Kernel r14 - Sound Control V2 | ExFat

franco.Kernel

Originalthread

7042_features.png

* Tree RCU + RCU_BOOST

* IO-Patches alle auf der ganzen Linie

* Config von Debug für eine schlanke Kernel entfernt

* SLQB Speicherreservierungsfunktion

* CRC32 lib Aktualisiert (wichtig für einige Kern-Features des Kernels)

* + NTFS NTFS Schreib-Unterstützung - nützlich für USB OTG

* Modul zur Wi-Fi-Power-Management-on the fly ändern

* Sound Control V2 auf Supercurio Voodoo Ton basieren - Volume Boost-Funktion

* Viel mehr auf meinem Repository ...

7043_changelog.png

r14

* Adjusted Mali DVFS up_thresholds - should be smoother

* Ajusted PegasusQ governor - up_threshold is back to default 85 and it scales much better beween intermediate frequencies

* ExFat modules should finally load and work (need testing please)

* Merged BFQ v4 IO scheduler and made it default (testing kernel with this new scheduler was very well received and got very good response by the community) - for more information why I added this check the Tuna thread

* Some CFS tweaks & patches

* Back to stock voltage tables

r13

* Merged update4 sources from Samsung

* Other small CPU voltage changes

r12:

* Merged the latest hardcore MDNIE tweaks - less color saturation on Standard screen mode - thanks hardcore again!!

* Enabled TOUCH_BOOSTER again by default

* Added a module to enable/disable TOUCH_BOOSTER on demand - command available on the 2nd post

* MTP works on OSX again

* Pushed the latest version of the Low Memory Killer driver from the mainline kernel tree

* Some cleanups of legacy shit

* Lowered the default CPU voltages a little bit

* Smaller image since its compressed with XZ

r11:

* Add toggle to enable/disable thermal throttle (attention this might work or might not, I can't make my device go hot enough for testing) - command's in the second post

* Overclocked L2 bus from 133mhz to 160mhz

* Removed 1500mhz step - its useless and I don't like it

* Increased USB charging from 600 to 800mAh

* Removed KSM

* Decrease busfreq OPP up_threshold from 30 to 20 - I'm not sure how big is the impact on performance, but at least in theory it will jump bus OPP's on lesser system load, which in my opinion makes sense.

* Add a patch from Entropy512 as an attempt to decrease the wlan_rx_wake wakelock

* Some changes in the voltage table - please read this commit message: https://github.com/franciscofranco/G...c015525014d038

* Added sdwatcher binary to /sbin - this binary is special *buzzwords incoming* and will get rid of the fuse mounting and get rid of the /data/media symlink which causes excessive Media Scanning load - basically just mounts the internal sdcard as ext4. Battery life gets a nice boost using this binary. Instructions on how to use it at the second post. All credits go to Greg White, I did nothing but testing it for him

r10:

* Reverted my previous MDNIE tweak (didn't work out as it should) and merge hardcore MDNIE tweaks, all credits go to him as it looks AWESOME

r9:

* Merged latest Samsung kernel sources

* Some MDNIE screen tweaks

* Disable Touch Booster from the touchscreen driver (will probably save some battery)

* Merged Mali platform rewrite patch from AndreiLux

r8:

* Added true init.d support. For init.d it uses a custom busybox bin version 1.18.1

* I've noticing that my SGS3 is really low on available RAM so I added some aggressive minfree and adj values

* I also added and enabled KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging) along with Memory Compation and Page Merging. All this buzz wordy shit will probably help on memory management in the long run, at least I felt a difference. I also don't think it creates any extra overhead, which is nice

* Added back deadline IO as the default and did a few tweaks. To explain it better this is what I wrote in the commit description: deadline-iosched.c: we were already doing single batches so it makes sense to me to reduce the read/write submit times. Exynos runs with 200HZ so read submits occur 4 times every kernel tick and write submits occur 1 time per kernel tick (was 1 submit every 5 ticks before). This seems to have improved latency according to tests.

* I also merged a few patches to improve NOHZ and LOAD_AVG routines in the main scheduler driver. It seems that the load accounts weren't properly calculated in conjunction with the idle times of the cpus, so according to Peter Zijlstra, the original commit author, this fixes that problem.

r7:

* ExFAT modules are now being loaded

* Increased USB charging rate from 450 to 600

* Some little ramdisk tweaks

r6:

* Add toggle to turn on/off fsync: echo N > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled (it's enabled by default which means that enabled = less IO speed while having data integrity; disabled = more IO throughput but less data integrity)

* Add 1,5Ghz step - thanks to gokhanmoral because he found out where Samsung locked the max allowed frequency

* Compiled with -ffast-math

* Some ramdisk tweaks and adjustments

* Some config cleanups

r5:

* Back to Tree RCU instead of jRCU - Tree RCU coupled with RCU_BOOST brings the A game back to the field. It gives more CPU throughput and thus more performance than jRCU. It will be more stable (I think jRCU *could* be causing some weird instability when gaming)

* Lots of .config cleanups for a better end-user experience

* Lots of ramdisk tweaks and fix-ups for better experience

* Now it actually applies Simple IO scheduler as the default one (the ramdisk was enabling noop before)

* Some other minor differences and tweaks

r4:

* Added Simple IO scheduler by default

* Add Sound Control V2. Now with a proper sysfs interface that (I hope) isn't intrusive to sound during calls (I tested a few calls and all was fine). Also will let you configure the strength of the volume boost. Huge props to Supercurio for the original work, I mostly ported the volume increase code to our device with a few modifications. Sysfs path its on the second post. Any encountered bug please provide useful feedback and not just "AMG NU WORK FIX NAO".

r3:

* Added the first version of Sound Control based on Voodoo Sound by Supercurio: currently features a boosted sound volume and a DAC Direct tweak. Next iterations will feature user configurable options plus lots more options to choose from

* Reverted all the IO backports from 3.1 and 3.2 for stability purposes

* Decreased PegasusQ up_threshold from 85 to 80 for a little extra responsiveness

* Cleaned up .config even more, its getting leaner every release, which means more speed and better battery life

* Increase readahead value to 2048 from 1024

* Changed from noop IO scheduler to Deadline. Deadline is still my favorite and I actually think the fairness algorithm design is the best one for our ARM chips... noop is just TOO simple

* A nohz fix from 3.0.31

* Tweaked a few values of the LOAD_AVG CFS scheduler parameters

* More on my repo

r2

* extFat module should now be working thanks to gokhanmoral

* Added SLQB memory allocator and made it default - seems to speed things up a little bit

* More config cleanups

* NTFS + NTFS write support - useful for USB OTG

* Compile with some arch flags for some extra tiny bits of performance

* CRC32 lib updated like its common on all my kernels

* I/O writeback functionality also updated to 3.2 kernel version just like its on my other kernels

* Tuned a little bit of the dirty_writeback values on the ramdisk

* Add module to change Wi-Fi power management policy on the fly: echo Y > /sys/module/dhd/parameters/wifi_pm (pass Y to enable and N to disable; its N by default). This option only appears after the wifi is activated

* More patches that are not relevant for the changelog but are visible on my repository

7046_installation.png

Über ODIN or Mobile Odin.

franco.Kernel updater app:

* Kernel downloader

* Kernel auto-flash

* Frequency and governor interface

* GovernorControl - full control over PegasusQ

* Tons of custom settings to maximize user experience

* Built on top of a full fledged ICS theme with inheritance from all the work done since the Galaxy Nexus is supported

* More to come (Power Modes, custom power modes, core control etc)

7044_download.png

Download stock compatible kernels:LOAD

Download CyanogenMod 10 compatible kernels:LOAD

7045_faq.png

Wi-Fi Power Management toggle:

echo Y > /sys/module/dhd/parameters/wifi_pm (pass Y to enable and N to disable; its N by default). This option only appears after the wifi is activated

Sound Control:

Volume boost from 0 to 62 (replace X with the number of your choice). It's 62 by default:

echo X > /sys/class/misc/sound_control/volume_boost

bearbeitet von Buddler
Update r11 eingefügt

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Schrammel

Hallo,

hat jemand schon mal diesen Kernel ausprobiert ? Auf meinem Nexus war er zuletzt recht gut. Mit der Franco App konnte man eine Menge einstellen. Habe mir die Franco App jetzt mal wieder heruntergeladen. Eigentlich müsste ich ja hierrüber einfach flahen können, oder ?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Buddler

Update

r5:

* Back to Tree RCU instead of jRCU - Tree RCU coupled with RCU_BOOST brings the A game back to the field. It gives more CPU throughput and thus more performance than jRCU. It will be more stable (I think jRCU *could* be causing some weird instability when gaming)

* Lots of .config cleanups for a better end-user experience

* Lots of ramdisk tweaks and fix-ups for better experience

* Now it actually applies Simple IO scheduler as the default one (the ramdisk was enabling noop before)

* Some other minor differences and tweaks

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
frico#GER

Wir wäre es wenn du mal im play store suchst! Die app kostet auch ein paar Euro...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Schrammel

Aber ich müsste doch über diese APP auch den Kernel flashen können, oder ?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
frico#GER

Denke ich doch mal das es auch so gehen wird wie beim nexus, da ich kein s3 habe kann ich es natürlich nicht versprechen;)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Schrammel

?? Vielleicht suchst du mal im Play Store

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Schrammel

Hat jemand diesen Kernel schon mal ausprobiert ??

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
kopfon

Hi, also ich habe den Zurzeit drauf ich habe irgendwo gelesen das der Akku mit dem Kernel gut hält. Er hält auf jeden Fall länger als der normale root Kernel. Habe aber auch gelesen das der neak Kernel auch gut sein soll. Den teste ich als nächstes. Habe zurzeit Omega Rom drauf. Mit den Kernel komme ich gut über 1Tag aber 2 auf gar kein Fall. Mfg

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Schrammel

Hi, also ich habe den Zurzeit drauf ich habe irgendwo gelesen das der Akku mit dem Kernel gut hält. Er hält auf jeden Fall länger als der normale root Kernel. Habe aber auch gelesen das der neak Kernel auch gut sein soll. Den teste ich als nächstes. Habe zurzeit Omega Rom drauf. Mit den Kernel komme ich gut über 1Tag aber 2 auf gar kein Fall. Mfg

Danke dir! Kannst du mir sagen was du für Einstellungen beim Kernel vorgenommen hast?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chris264

Update

[KERNEL][GPL][24 JUL] franco.Kernel r12 - Sound Control V2

Changelog:

r12:

* Merged the latest hardcore MDNIE tweaks - less color saturation on Standard screen mode - thanks hardcore again!!

* Enabled TOUCH_BOOSTER again by default

* Added a module to enable/disable TOUCH_BOOSTER on demand - command available on the 2nd post

* MTP works on OSX again

* Pushed the latest version of the Low Memory Killer driver from the mainline kernel tree

* Some cleanups of legacy shit

* Lowered the default CPU voltages a little bit

* Smaller image since its compressed with XZ

Download

https://minooch.com/franciscofranco/SGS3/

Lg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
dePetti73

so möchte den Kernel hie nun mal Testen, gibts hier bei den Einstellungen die man beachten muss. oder einstellen sollte

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag